What is QMetry Automation Studio? Read on to discover how QAS works—what problems it can help you solve and who uses it, along with a tour of its features, pricing, and integrations. I’ll also explain how QAS compares to similar tools.
What Is QMetry Automation Studio?
The QMetry Automation Studio is an automation tool that enables organizations to achieve end-to-end test automation process seamlessly. The studio leverages multiple languages and automation frameworks that increase its adaptability in the era of digital transformation.
QMetry is serving industrial quality assurance needs for more than a decade now. It is based out of Santa Clara, California. The QMetry brand provides a combination of tools, methodologies, practices, frameworks and best practices that allow agile teams to build, manage and deploy high-quality software faster, with confidence. QMetry suite offers four large scale products – QMetry Test Management, QMetry Test Management for Jira, QMetry Automation Studio and QMetry Digital Quality Platform.
Who is QMetry Automation Studio for?
QMetry Automation Studio targets a larger user base.
It provides partial codeless automation for manual users or beginners. Test Recorder lets users record/playtest cases and code will be generated by QAS.
For automation engineers or technical users, it provides endless script extension and customization. It lets users export the code from the Test Recorder and extend/customize the script to automate complex automation tasks.
What challenges does QMetry Automation Studio help solve?
Fetching locator strategies manually from the web
- Users are expected to have knowledge of locater strategies in order to perform automation.
- QAS eliminates that need as it provides the feature called ‘Object Spy’.
- Object Spy – It lets users record web elements that have added them into locator repositories.
Automation environment setup process
- Setting up an entire automation environment is unavoidably a time-consuming process.
- QAS eliminates the time involved in setting up an environment by allowing users to make thoughtful selections while setting up the project. QAS will create the project/update architecture automatically based on the selections made.
Transit manual teams to Automation
- It is difficult and time-consuming to have manual teams to perform automation testing.
- QAS enables manual teams to transition into automated testing seamlessly with partial code fewer automation methods.
Manual bug logging of failures
- When automation scripts get failed due to bugs into the system, it is a hectic task to log bugs manually.
- QAS provides integration with JIRA, which allows users to log bugs from QAS to JIRA on just a single click. However, if you're looking for a more comprehensive solution that's built around Jira, you might want to explore test management tools specifically designed for Jira, which offer native bug-logging capabilities and more
What’s On The QMetry Automation Studio Roadmap?
In our upcoming release, QAS will create test cases, create test suites linking the test case, log execution results inside the test suites and also ensure that this test case can be linked to Jira user stories. Our longer-term goal is to have AI capabilities in QAS. The first step towards this is self-healing capabilities which have already been achieved as our product has a self-healing feature.
As a next step, we plan to roll out cognitive authoring by 2020. One more important capability that is necessary for any automation tool is integration with database systems for refining/importing/using test data. We plan to release support of data in MySQL, MSSQL, MS Excel and CSV format.
In the future, we also plan to extend this support to other data systems. Another vision for QAS is to empower testers by enabling codeless automation tests. This will help all types of testers - manual as well as automation engineers to easily and quickly automate tests without the need to code or the ability to code.
The QA Lead is reader-supported. We may earn a commission when you click through links on our site — learn more about how we aim to stay transparent.
QMetry Automation Studio Features Overview
To get an idea of how QMetry Automation Studio works, here’s a tour of the main features and how they can help you to achieve the end-to-end automation process.
1. Test Recorder
A test recorder allows users to record test cases and create test suites. It allows users to update recorded test cases and execute all test cases/test suites at once. Test Recorder generates the code based on the recording and allows users to export the code to CI/CD.
2. Object Spy
The Object Spy provides browser view for finding/validating element locators. It records an element and adds it to the .loc file that later can be used in test cases.
3. Test data files
QAS allows users to import/create a test data file that is to be used against any data-driven test case.
4. Cross-browser execution
QAS provides cross-browser execution, that enables the user to execute test cases in different browsers.
5. Self – Healing
When execution is done with Self – Healing mode ON, QAS repairs the scripts automatically when any web element or any property of the web element gets changed. That minimizes the manual efforts of writing/modifying the test cases.
6. Multiplatform Automation
QAS allows users to have automation of multiple platforms in single projects. That enables users to automate a complex flow of performing actions over the web and verifying those actions on the android app or through web services.
7. Headless Execution
QAS CLI enables users to execute tests in headless mode. That allows users to execute automation tests in Headless browser mode. QAS CLI Improves speed and performance, browser-less setups and Helps you multitask.
QMetry Automation Studio Integrations
QAS supports the end-to-end automation process. The entire process of automation requires Version control systems, remote execution platforms, test management tools, and bug tracking tools. QAS provides integrations with all tools that are required to achieve the automation process.
- VCS: Git
- QMetry Test Management
- QMetry Test Management for JIRA
- Sauce labs